SCM

Forum: gecon

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Troubles in building gEcon on Mac [ Reply ]
By: Kurniawan Yulianto on 2021-04-26 06:10
[forum:49477]
I can not installing gEcon on Mac eventhough I have used
cat ('CXX1X = g++-10\nOBJCXX = g++-10\nCXX17 = g++-10\nCXX14 = g++-10\nCXX11 = g++-10\nCXX98 = g++-10\nOBJC = gcc-10\nCC = gcc-10\nCXX = g++-10\nF77 = gfortran-10\nFC = gfortran-10\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FCFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_LIBADD = -L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library', file="~/.R/Makevars")

By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-09-09 10:04
[forum:48825]
My greetings!
Thank you first of all for previous advice, but I want to write about my experience of resolving errors posted in the first thread. Initially I had run the code of declaring gcc compiler:

cat ('CXX1X = g++-9\nOBJCXX = g++-9\nCXX17 = g++-9\nCXX14 = g++-9\nCXX11 = g++-9\nCXX98 = g++-9\nOBJC = gcc-9\nCC = gcc-9\nCXX = g++-9\nF77 = gfortran-9\nFC = gfortran-9\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FCFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_LIBADD = -L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library', file="~/.R/Makevars")

But I have recognized that was not work by the reason that I had installed 10th version (recent version for that period) of gcc compiler, that is why I had obtained error in processing the code. Also pay attention to that which version of R you actually have installed currently.
For those who experience such type of error you may use this code which is specifically written for 10 th version of gcc compiler.

cat ('CXX1X = g++-10\nOBJCXX = g++-10\nCXX17 = g++-10\nCXX14 = g++-10\nCXX11 = g++-10\nCXX98 = g++-10\nOBJC = gcc-10\nCC = gcc-10\nCXX = g++-10\nF77 = gfortran-10\nFC = gfortran-10\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FCFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_OPENMP_FFLAGS = -fopenmp\nSHLIB_LIBADD = -L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library', file="~/.R/Makevars")

Hope it will be helpful for everyone! 

By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-07-22 08:54
[forum:48822]
Good morning!
I have successfully installed gEcon on Mac, the problem was laid on that the version of gcc compiler, which had been installed previously was 10.0.1, while in code had been stated 9th version. I had changed this in code statement in cat function and all had been successfully installed.

Thank you very much for help and useful advices!

By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-07-17 16:45
[forum:48821]
Thank you for your useful advice. But could you make some clarification should I add path to the mentioned compiler by Sys.getenv(path) function or shouldn't?
Thank you very much!

By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-07-16 18:14
[forum:48820]
Thank you a lot for your advice, but could you make for me some clarification by which command to add path to compiler: by Sys.getenv(path) or not?
Thank you in advance!

By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-07-15 16:37
[forum:47957]
Thank you for your advice. Make it clear for me, I must to add path to compiler to environment variables by function Sys.getenv(path) or not?
Thank you for advance!

By: Karol Podemski on 2020-07-09 15:43
[forum:47937]
The error message informs that the compiler has not been found. Probably you should add the path to compiler to your environment variables (if the compiler indeed has been installed).

Troubles in building gEcon on Mac [ Reply ]
By: Olga Klishchuk on 2020-07-09 15:30
[forum:47936]
My greetings!
I had used the steps described in previous topic in r-forge on how to install gEcon in R for Mac: https://r-forge.r-project.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=33830&forum_id=4540&group_id=1765.
But I have some question. If I had installed Xcode v11.3.1 for macOS 10.14.6, gcc compiler through Terminal on Mac by calling homebrew command and done changing compiler in R, why I couldn't install gEcon from r-forge project. I had obtain next error message:

> install.packages("http://gecon.r-forge.r-project.org/files/gEcon_1.2.0.tar.gz", type = "source", repo = NULL)
trying URL 'http://gecon.r-forge.r-project.org/files/gEcon_1.2.0.tar.gz'

* installing *source* package ‘gEcon’ ...
** using staged installation
** libs
g++-9 -std=gnu++11 -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I. -I./symbolic -I./parser -I./parser/antlr_include -I./parser/grammar -I./model `/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rscript --vanilla -e "Rcpp:::CxxFlags()"` -I/usr/local/include -DR_DLL -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c gecon_info.cpp -o gecon_info.o
/bin/sh: g++-9: command not found
make: *** [gecon_info.o] Error 127
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘gEcon’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/gEcon’
Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘/var/folders/zd/g1bnhllx7cl2dybhnznwhld00000gn/T//RtmpRtXqTS/downloaded_packages/gEcon_1.2.0.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Please, give an advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge