SCM

Forum: support

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: mixing the order of questions in exams2nops() [ Reply ]
By: Achim Zeileis on 2018-05-06 19:52
[forum:45914]
This is the bug in the CRAN version of the package (2.3-0) that I mentioned in my previous post. This has been fixed in the devel version (2.3-1) here on R-Forge which will be released to CRAN later this week. For the moment do:

install.packages("exams", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

That should take care of your problem.

By: Alejandro Quintela on 2018-05-06 10:42
[forum:45912]

junio1.pdf (19) downloads
Hi, Achim,
great package!

I am working a lot about it these last days, because we want to use it in our next written exam in the Statistics Course in the Faculty of Computing Sciences, at the University of A Coruña (Spain)

I reply in this discussion because I tried to mix the order of questions. I followed your instructions but I have a problem

The code is

ex_junio<-exams2nops( list(c("p1.Rmd","p2.Rmd","p3.Rmd","p4.Rmd","p5.Rmd","p6.Rmd","p7.Rmd","p8.Rmd","p9.Rmd","p10.Rmd")),
n = 4, language = "es",
name = "junio",
reglength = 8,
samepage=TRUE,
blank=0,
nsamp=10,
edir="exercises", encoding="UTF-8",
institution = "Universidad de A Coru\\~{n}a",
title = "Examen de Estad{\\'\\i}stica de Primero",
dir = "nops_pdf", date = "2018-06-01",duplex = FALSE,
logo="C:/Users/aquin/Dropbox/exams-R/udc.png",
showpoints = TRUE)

As you can see, we have 10 questions (schoice quiz questions each one).

We want to mix the order both the answers and the questions.
I put nsamp=10 and the result is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYGr4E5bmxdJKP56GdCOJw0P4MTj04H4/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, all is OK except that the first page has only one row for marking questions (as if the exam would only have one question)

Moreover, I obtain this message in the R console

Warning message:
In xexams(ufile, driver = list(sweave = list(quiet = TRUE, encoding = encoding), :
Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 1 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 2 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 3 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 4 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 5 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 6 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) available in element 7 of the 'file' argument. Sampling with replacement will be used in order to obtain 10 replications.Only 1 exercise(s) ... <truncated>

Please can you help me? Thank you very much in advance

By: Achim Zeileis on 2018-04-27 22:15
[forum:45902]
See the discussion in:
https://R-Forge.R-project.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=33314&forum_id=4377&group_id=1337

TL;DR: There is only limited support for this because permutation is a rather weak protection against cheating. But it can be done using the "nsamp" argument. In the CRAN version of exams2nops() there is still a bug that is fixed in the package version here on R-Forge. With that you can do:

exams2nops(list(
c("block1a.Rmd", "block1b.Rmd", "block1c.Rmd"),
c("block2a.Rmd", "block2b.Rmd", "block2c.Rmd", "block2d.Rmd"),
c("block3a.Rmd", "block3b.Rmd")
), nsamp = c(3, 4, 2))

The resulting exams always have 9 exercises in blocks of 3, 4, and 2 exercises. But within the blocks the order of questions is permuted.

mixing the order of questions in exams2nops() [ Reply ]
By: Eric Lin on 2018-04-27 19:19
[forum:45901]
I'm doing some test batches for exams2nops(), and I don't see a setting for scrambling the order of the questions in the exam. Is there some way to do this? Also, a bit more sophisticated, is there a way to scramble the order of questions within sections, so the first third are a set of questions but in random order, then the second and third each have a set of questions that they are based on , but again in scrambled order. Note, I'm looking to scramble the order of the questions, not the possible answers, which appeared to be shuffled appropriately.

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge