SCM

Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: loading EDFto RHRV [ Reply ]
By: Cara Spencer on 2023-07-29 03:43
[forum:49733]
What were the steps you used to get it to work? I followed the steps in this forum and RHRV is still telling me it can't find the beats.

By: Abraham Otero on 2021-07-14 12:11
[forum:49048]
I am very glad you made it!

By: Clara Sayk on 2021-07-14 10:52
[forum:49047]
I finally got it to work with edfbrowser, thanks again for your help!

By: Clara Sayk on 2021-07-12 12:46
[forum:49046]
Thank you, that explains a lot.

So far, using edfbrowser as suggested in this forum did not work either but I'll keep on trying.

By: Abraham Otero on 2021-07-09 16:32
[forum:49042]
I'm afraid it's a problem on our side. The function does not support some features of the EDF file in question and does not load the data properly. I recommend that you use a tool like EDFbrowser, which allows you to export the RR intervals of the recording:

https://www.teuniz.net/edfbrowser/EDFbrowser%20manual.html#Export_Import_ECG_RR_interval

or the annotations (positions of each beat):

https://www.teuniz.net/edfbrowser/EDFbrowser%20manual.html#Export_annotations

This could be one way around this problem.

By: Clara Sayk on 2021-07-08 06:18
[forum:49031]
Sure, here's the link to one:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QbmABhmJrvkFWc2gEDGFa7afqJz915NU?usp=sharing

By: Abraham Otero on 2021-07-07 13:17
[forum:49024]
Can you provide us with one of the files that is causing problems?

By: Clara Sayk on 2021-07-07 12:08
[forum:49023]
Dear RHRV community,

I also encountered some problems when trying to load edf+ files to RHRV. I checked in edfbrowser, whether my R peak markers I created with the EKG marker solution in Brain Vision Analyser and when I was sure the markers where present, I used LoadBeatEDFPlus to load them.

The full code I used (taken from the tutorial and adapted to edf+) was this:

library(RHRV)

hrv.data = CreateHRVData()
hrv.data = SetVerbose(hrv.data, TRUE)

setwd("C:/Users/clarasayk/Documents/R/R-4.1.0/library/RHRV")
hrv.data = LoadBeatEDFPlus(hrv.data, "ER2_01_4.edf", RecordPath = "C:/Users/clarasayk/Documents/EmoREM2und3/Theorie/Herzrate")
plot(hrv.data$Beat$Time)

Unlike my earlier attempts, I did not get the "Beats not found in file" error message, however I got another error message that I can't quite make sense of:

Loading beats positions for record: ER2_01_4.edf
Path: C:/Users/clarasayk/Documents/EmoREM2und3/Theorie/Herzrate
Date: 16-06-15
Time: 23:06:41
Labels: ECG, EDF Annotations
Reading data: this operation may take a few seconds ...
Error in while (value != 0) { : argument is of length zero
In addition: Warning message:
closing unused connection 3 (ER2_01_3.edf)

If anyone has an idea how to fix this, help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Clara

By: Constantino Antonio on 2016-09-26 07:37
[forum:43531]
Dear Mr. Jarczok,

Thanks for sharing! This will be very useful to us!

Kind regards

By: Marc Jarczok on 2016-09-06 14:39
[forum:43482]

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 15.37.50.png (80) downloads
i think i solved the issue now, by changing the annotationType = "QRS" to the name of the annotation created by the software - i´m using "EDF-Browser".
So first import the ECG signal to the EDF-Browser
open the dialog signal/properties select ECG signal and then push the heart rate button to add the HR signal to the ECG signal.
Open Tools/ Export/import ECG R-R-Interval menu
Select the HR signal and choose the "RR Interval" and check "Whole Recording (if applicable) & check "don't write to file, import as annotations instead"
Save the edf file on the hard drive
Switch to R and call the loadedfplus command and specify the option: annotationType = "R-onset"
Best, Marc

By: Marc Jarczok on 2016-08-31 19:09
[forum:43477]
Dear Constantino,
thank you so much for clarification! I was hoping to be able to use the EDF files directly from the FAROS device.
I used now the EDF Browser software to annotate the detected R-spike position to that EDF file and save it. However i receive the same error message.
Also, according to the EDF Browser Software, there is information on heart rate already included in the EDF file from that FAROS device, prior to including the R-R timings.

I´ll try to narrow down my mistake(s), so if someone has an EDF+ file available that worked with RHRV i´d be happy to receive this as an example.
Thanks
Marc

By: Constantino Antonio on 2016-07-19 06:08
[forum:43389]
Dear Marc,

An EDF file surely contain one or more ECG channels without annotations marking the heartbeat positions. However, to analyze HRV in RHRV we need the heartbeat positions since RHRV does not contain any function for automatic detection of beats.

On the other hand, EDF+ files permit to include annotations in the same file. That's the reason why RHRV requires EDF+ files when using LoadBeatEDFPlus.

In conclusion, in order to load your EDF data you must provide the position of the heartbeats because RHRV does no include automatic detection. You will probably need to use some external program to perform this detection. See, for example, gqrs: https://physionet.org/physiotools/wag/gqrs-1.htm

Kind regards

loading EDFto RHRV [ Reply ]
By: Marc Jarczok on 2016-07-14 14:17
[forum:43373]
i´m new to R & i downloaded the RHRV package in RStudio for MAC and tried to read an EDF file from a FAROS 180 recorder.
However, the error messages states, that no beats were found in a 24h recording (i tried different EDF files of varying length). SDF & ASCII files worked fine. What do i miss when using the EDF? It should contain the one lead ECG information. Is it bc only EDF+ files are supported? Or do i need to prepare the EDF file in a certain way? I attached a short recording as example.

My code is:

library("RHRV", lib.loc="/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library")
hrv.data = CreateHRVData()
hrv.data = SetVerbose(hrv.data, TRUE )
hrv.data = LoadBeatEDFPlus(hrv.data, "09-43-21.EDF", RecordPath = "/Users/Marc/Seafile/Printshare")
hrv.data = BuildNIHR(hrv.data)

the return message incl error is:

** Loading beats positions for record: 09-43-21.EDF **
Path: /Users/Marc/Seafile/Printshare
Date: 27-04-16
Time: 09:43:21
Labels: ECG, Accelerometer_X, Accelerometer_Y, Accelerometer_Z, Marker, HRV
Reading data: this operation may take a few seconds...
Error in LoadBeatEDFPlus(hrv.data, "09-43-21.EDF", RecordPath = "/Users/Marc/Seafile/Printshare") :
--- ERROR: Beats not found in file 09-43-21.EDF ---
--- Quitting now!! ---

the EDF file can be downloaded here:
https://heibox.uni-heidelberg.de/d/ff8f7e5eb5/

Thanks for your help!
Marc

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge