R Development Page
bootBCa log file (check_x86_64_windows)
* using log directory 'R:/run/building/build_2015-11-12-10-14/RF_PKG_CHECK/PKGS/bootBCa.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.2.2 Patched (2015-11-05 r69602)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* using option '--as-cran'
* checking for file 'bootBCa/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'bootBCa' version '1.0'
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'David Flater '
License components with restrictions and base license permitting such:
BSD_3_clause + file LICENSE
This package was based on function bcanon in the "ORPHANED" R package
bootstrap_2012.04-1 from cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bootstrap/
but was significantly enhanced. Functional differences include:
1. Implement adaptive bootstrap.
2. Reduce memory required by a factor of nboot.
3. Utilize the quantile function from stats, replacing code that contained
an off-by-one error.
4. Add option to use different types of quantiles.
5. Eliminate superfluous returns; add returns for bootstrap estimate,
attained precision, and the number of bootstrap replications done.
6. Change default alpha to just c(0.025,0.975).
7. Add some error checks.
8. If all values in x are the same, skip the bootstrap and return
theta(x,...) for all requested quantiles.
These enhancements were made by David Flater in the
course of official duties. Pursuant to Title 17 Section 105 of the
United States Code, the enhancements are not subject to copyright
protection and are in the public domain. To the extent that this is a
derivative work, however, the previous copyrights would apply.
The R bootstrap package rev. 2012.04-1 was ported from StatLib in 2000 by
Friedrich Leisch and last modified by Kjetil Halvorsen in 2012. Its
LICENSE file says:
COPYRIGHT HOLDER: Rob Tibshirani, Friedrich Leisch
ORGANIZATION: Stanford University
Its DESCRIPTION file says:
License: BSD_3_clause + file LICENSE
The referenced BSD_3_clause is the following (from
Copyright (c) ,
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
Neither the name of the nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
"AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Subsequently, maintenance of the bootstrap package was resumed by Scott
Kostyshak (rev. 2014.4).
The S StatLib package was by Rob Tibshirani to accompany the book "An
Introduction to the Bootstrap" by Bradley Efron and Robert J. Tibshirani,
NIST assumes no responsibility for use of this software by other parties
and makes no guarantees, expressed or implied, about its quality,
reliability, or any other characteristic.
Found the following (possibly) invalid URLs:
CRAN URL not in canonical form
The canonical URL of the CRAN page for a package is
The Title field should be in title case, current version then in title case:
'Function to find nonparametric BCa intervals'
'Function to Find Nonparametric BCa Intervals'
The Date field is over a month old.
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... NOTE
No repository set, so cyclic dependency check skipped
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking whether package 'bootBCa' can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
* checking use of S3 registration ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd line widths ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 5s
user system elapsed
BCa 5.63 0 5.63
* checking PDF version of manual ... OK
Status: 2 NOTEs
Run time: 61.53 seconds.